Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Master Cleanse Prep!

Tonight, I take my first Salt Water Flush for the Master Cleanse(not looking forward to it). The Master Cleanse aka The Lemonade Diet is basically a 5-14 day detox. For ten days I will be drinking a mixture of lemon juice, maple syrup, cayenne pepper and water. Then morning and night I’ll drink a quart of water with 2 table spoons of sea salt(worst part!!!!). It’s called a flush for a reason! No I am not insane, but being a junk food junky there comes a time when you want a fresh start. Naomi Campbell was on Oprah earlier this year and she said she does the Master Cleanse 3 times a year, and that's cool for her but I’m good with once. My last cleanse lasted 7 days and it wasn’t bad, so I thought I’d shoot for 10 this second go round.

So to prepare for the cleanse I went to Whole Foods and got my supplies. They prefer all organic ingredients. I follow everything but the use of real organic lemons, because I’m not getting up every morning squeezing lemons, and not for any reason other then I’m not. Pre squeezed organic juice will be fine. I also picked up a chicken salad and cheese plate, a shrimp cocktail and the large strawberry shortcake. I mean I’m not going to be eating for 10 days!

I took that logic with me to Chipoltle and since I bought that twix from the gas station it would of been a waste not to eat it right? Today is a new day though, and with it brought pizza, Doritos’s, mini kit-kats, a sprite and a snow cone. In my mind the cleanse doesn’t start until I start drinking the lemonade. I mean I could look it up in the book (yes there’s a book) but it might say I can’t have these Cheetos I’m about to pop open. Wish me luck!

Ta For Now,

Traci,

No comments:

Post a Comment