Friday, August 13, 2010

Grandma Tracy breakdancing at Mad Decent NYC block party



So, this video has literally changed my life. Earlier this year I decided it was time to let go of my dream of  being a break dancer... I did not take this decision lightly either. Factored in was my age, early onset arthritis and a bum knee. It was time to throw in the towel... OR SO I THOUGHT!!! Then I came across this You Tube Clip. It was like a sign, I mean Dude, the old lady's name is TRACEY!!! My name is Traci!

Now it's not like Old Tracey (or OT for short) could be the next Turbo or Ozone, or even the white girl they trained. What was her name again? Wendy/ Lisa??? Naw they were in the Revolution, I'm pretty sure...  Wait, what was I talking about? Oh yeah OT ... OT wasn't just super awesome, but she had some moves, I believed her. She would totally get a pity choreography on "So You Think You Can Dance" and for sure would serve me.  Here's the good news. If she can do that at 60 or 80, I don't know how old she is,  I certainly have time to get my windmills on point. The dream is Alive baby! I'm coming for you lady whose name I still don't remember from Breakin and Breakin 2 Electric Bugaloo! Oh and you better bring it b*tch!

Traci

No comments:

Post a Comment